General Visiting Hours
- General Hours are from 11 A.M. to 8 P.M.
- Only two people should visit at a time.
- No visitors are allowed to stand in the hallway.
- Designated visiting areas are available for visitors.
- There is no smoking in the hospital.
- Visitors should not sit on beds, handle bedside articles, or use patient bathrooms.
- We ask that visitor regulations be strictly observed.
- Visiting hours and regulations may vary between the different units.
Visitors under the age of twelve must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Children under the age of six may visit parents only under the guidance of DMH's Family Visiting Program. Please contact the nursing supervisor if you have any questions or require assistance.
Due to the complicated nature of the care involved and in the patient's own best interest, the DMH Intensive Care and Intermediate Care nursing units allow only two visitors at a time. A registered nurse may make exceptions based on special conditions.
On the DMH Transitional Care Unit, visiting hours are set at the convenience of the patient and visitor with no age restrictions.
The Family Birth Center has it's own rules and regulations for visitors.
Back to Patient Care